Friday, February 22, 2013

** Budweiser Duels 2013 **

All I can say is WOW! This year was the first year I was able to make it to the Budweiser Duels at Daytona International Speedway and not have to work.  As you all know I am a HUGE race fan; the engines, the cars, the drivers, I love all of it!  So I set out in search of the best time that could be had at the track yesterday.  Mission Accomplished! 




I decided to take my mission down into the garage area where the cars, teams & drivers were getting ready for the duels by getting the cars through morning inspection, resting up a bit and getting last minute tips from their crew chiefs.























More Garage Antics:

Daytona 500 Pole Winner
Banner in the garage @ Danica's Hauler
Gas Anyone??

View inside the driver side of a NASCAR Sprint Cup car



                                                        






One thing I think is so fun in  the garage area are the stands that hold the drivers Hero Cards.  A hero card is a large postcard, usually 8x10, that has the drivers car and photo on the front and the stats of the team, driver, sponsors on the back.  They are great souvenirs to take home or to have a driver sign if you see one along in your travels.  Sometimes you will see these cards at local autograph signings or the drivers merchandise haulers.  I guess to make their cards stand out in a busy hussle and bustle of the garage they make fun and quarky stands/holders to put them in.  Here are a few of my favorites from this weekend.

 
                         
                                                    




Another neat thing I did was head down pit road and check out the pit stalls before the race.  Kevin Harvick's pitbox looks like a bar from the back, so unique!















A few of the drivers I ran into as they were heading to work.


'Mad' Max Papis


Clint Bowyer
Juan Pablo Montoya
Ragan Smith



Driver Introductions Stage:

Tony Stewart #14
                       
                              Danica Patrick #10
Jimmie Johnson #48
Dale Earnhardt Jr. #88  





Here was the actual action during the Budweiser Duels from the Pits.







Gatorade Victory Lane Celebration ~ Budweiser Duel #1 Winner ~ Kevin Harvick


 


Gatorade Victory Lane Celebration ~ Budweiser Duel #2 Winner ~ Kyle Busch






On my way back to the car I had to stop by and see the Budweiser Clydesdales in the Midway outside of turn 4, SO CUTE!!!!!





This weekend is the NEXTERA Energy Resources 250 tonight, the Drive 4 COPD 300 on Saturday and the Daytona 500 on Sunday!!!  SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!



Make sure you tag me (@belaymonkey) on twitter & instagram in your race photos so I can share in the fun!  **Suzan**